Territory Families, Housing and Communities was established by the Northern Territory Government on 7 September 2020.
Territory Families, Housing and Communities is a multi-functional human services and community-focused agency that works to provide responsive, safe and quality services and programs that empower communities and improve social outcomes for Territorians.
Our agency includes the following divisions:
- Child Protection
- Disability Services
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Reduction
- Family and Financial Support
- Family Support
- Gender Equity and Diversity
- Emergency Management
- Indigenous Essential Services
- Interpreting Services
- Libraries and Archives
- Multicultural Affairs
- Out of Home Care
- Seniors and Carers
- Sport and Active Recreation
- Urban Housing
- Remote Housing
- Youth Justice
- Youth Affairs
- Women’s Safe Houses.
Our chief executive
Mr Ken Davies PSM
Hon Kate Worden, MLA - Member for Sanderson
- Minister for Territory Families and Urban Housing
- Minister for Sport
- Minister for Disabilities
- Minister for Multicultural Affairs.
Hon Lauren Moss, MLA - Member of Casuarina
- Minister for Youth
- Minister for Seniors
- Minister for Women.
Hon Chansey Paech, MLA - Member for Gwoja
- Minister for Remote Housing and Town Camps
- Minister for Indigenous Essential Services
- Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage.
Our assistant ministers
Mr Lawrence Costa MLA - Member for Arafura
- Men’s Policy - responsible minister: Minister Moss
- Aboriginal Affairs and Rangers - responsible minister: Minister Uibo
- Remote Housing and Homelands - responsible minister: Minister Paech
Mr Joel Bowden MLA - Member for Johnston
- Major Projects - responsible minister: Chief Minister
- Tourism and Major Events - responsible minister: Minister Fyles
- Arts and Culture - responsible minister: Minister Paech.
Our annual reports
View annual reports for the agency prior to it being established.
Our strategic plan
As a department, our vision is for Connected Communities | Thriving Places | Empowered Territorians. Our Strategic Plan 2021-2025 sets out how we will achieve this through defining our strategic direction, priorities and key deliverables for 2021-2025.
Accompanying our strategic plan is our Action Plan 2021-22 comprising of 81 key actions for the 2021-22 period. Our action plan will be refreshed annually for the span of our strategic plan. The agency is committed to reporting publically on its performance against these actions every six months.
Last updated: 21 April 2021
Share this page:URL copied!