A strong and vibrant arts and cultural sector is integral to the health and well-being of our communities.
Vital to the social, cultural and economic benefit of the Northern Territory (NT), it provides opportunities to:
- grow the creative and cultural economy
- encourage artistic excellence and achievement
- community participation in arts and culture.
Arts NT is a unit within the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities (TFHC) that supports, develops and promotes the growth of the creative arts sector.
The unit also:
- delivers the NT Arts and Culture Grant Program
- gives advice
- develops partnerships
- provides financial and infrastructure support for the arts.
Funded arts and culture programs aim to explore, express and showcase NT identity and make a positive contribution to healthy and creative communities.
These programs are important to:
- build the capacity and sustainability of the arts industry
- support employment and career development for professional artists and arts workers
- market and profile NT arts and culture.
Arts NT takes part in national arts and culture policy working groups, research and evaluation projects and plays an important role in collaborative projects across the NT Government to make sure the NT's position on a national scale is strengthened and supported.
Arts NT aims to make sure you have access to a variety of arts and culture activities, either in the audience or as active participants.
NT Arts and Culture Grant Program
The Arts and Culture Grants Program offers various grants for projects that explore, develop and profile arts and culture in the NT.
Read about the program on the NT Government website.
Find out how to contact Arts NT on the NT Government website.
Last updated: 14 April 2021
Share this page:URL copied!