Foster and Kinship Carer Excellence Awards

The Foster and Kinship Carer Excellence Awards provide the opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our valuable carers and the community of people who support children in out-of-home care.

These awards are for the children thriving in the care of a loving family, the siblings who go the extra mile to make them feel welcome in their home and the support staff who put children first every day.

The awards are an opportunity to thank carers for their outstanding achievement and thank them for their dedication and commitment to support children and young people in care and for the work they do in strengthening our communities.

Often the most valuable members of our community look like ordinary people, but are doing extraordinary things, and we want to shine the spotlight on these local legends.


The award categories are:

  • Outstanding Contribution by a Foster Carer
  • Outstanding Contribution by a Kinship Carer
  • Outstanding Contribution by a Territory Families staff member
  • Outstanding Contribution by a Non-Government Organisation staff member
  • Outstanding Contribution by a Sibling
  • Young Person Achievement Award.

Nominations now closed

Nominations for the 2020 Foster and Kinship Excellence Awards are now closed. Nominees and finalists will be notified in early September.


Our Foster and Kinship Carers are located all over the Northern Territory, and so are our events to celebrate them.

In 2020, we are looking to host events in Darwin, Alice Springs, Nhulunbuy, Katherine and some of our remote communities during mid to late September.

Nominees and finalists will be invited to events in early September. Please note there may be restrictions on the number of people permitted to attend due to COVID-19 safety planning.

Last updated: 24 August 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.