Action plan progress update
The Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018-2028 Safe, respected and free from violence is being implemented through three action plans.
Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better (2018-2021) was developed in collaboration with government and non-government partners and represents a significant reform agenda.
Action Plan 1 contains 78 actions implemented by five Northern Territory Government agencies: the Departments of Territory Families, Housing and Communities; Education; Health; the Attorney-General and Justice; and NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services.
The actions in Action Plan 1 are arranged under the five outcomes of the Reduction Framework:
- Outcome one: Domestic, family and sexual violence is prevented and not tolerated
- Outcome two: Territorians at risk of experiencing violence are identified early and provided with effective interventions
- Outcome three: People experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence are protected and helped to recover and thrive
- Outcome four: Perpetrators are held accountable and connected early to responses that change their behaviours and reduce violence
- Outcome five: Legislation, policy and funding models enable a responsive, high quality and accountable domestic, family and sexual violence service system
Last updated: 17 June 2021
Share this page:URL copied!