NT Heritage Council
The Northern Territory (NT) Heritage Council has been set up to provide advice to the Northern Territory Government on matters affecting the Territory’s cultural and natural heritage.
The Heritage Council operates under the Heritage Act 2011. The Act sets out the functions and powers of the Council.
The Council meets at least four times a year.
The Act requires that the Council produce an annual report every year. Go to publications to read the reports.
The Heritage Council has 11 members. Six are appointed by the Minister for Arts and Culture and Heritage at their discretion.
The other five are made up of:
- the CEO, or a nominee of the CEO, of the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities
- a nominee from the National Trust
- a nominee from the Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority (AAPA)
- a nominee from an organisation representing the interests of local government
- a nominee from an organisation representing the interests of land owners.
At least two of the council's members must be of Aboriginal descent.
- Mr Allan McGill AM, chairperson
- Ms Grace Foulds, National Trust of Australia, Northern Territory
- Mr Robert Pocock, Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority
- Mr Damien Ryan, Local Government Association of the NT
- Ms Seraphine Bray, Aboriginal Peak Organisations of the NT
- Dr Ilka Schacht
- Mr Stephen Ashford
- Ms Katy Moir
- The Hon Tom Pauling AO QC
- Ms Rachel Perkins
- Mr Randle Walker
PO Box 4198
Darwin NT 0801
Last updated: 18 September 2020
Share this page:URL copied!