The Territory Sports Academy (TSA) is home to world class facilities available to local, national and international athletes and teams.
The TSA Gymnasium has 255 square metres of floor space that can host up to 25 athletes during a sessions and includes:
- weight lifting platforms;
- free weights;
- exercise bikes;
- rowing machines;
- stretching areas and
- live video feedback systems.
An international standard synthetic athletics track is located on site and complemented by long jump, triple jump, steeplechase, pole vault, javelin, shotput and netted hammer throw facilities.
Inside the athletics track is a grassed field suitable for field based sports. This is also supported by two team change rooms and an officials’ room.
The Recovery Centre has a 1,250 litre, six to eight person spa capable of producing water temperatures of 5ºC f to 38ºC for sustained immersion and recovery.
Other facilities nearby
The TSA is located at Arafura Stadium, Marrara, close to the following sporting facilities:
- Darwin Basketball Stadium (indoor courts);
- Darwin Clay Target Club;
- Darwin International Tennis Centre (including undercover show court);
- Darwin Squash Centre;
- Larrakia Park Football (soccer) Stadium;
- Marrara Cricket Grounds;
- Marrara Indoor Stadium and Multi-Purpose Sports Hall;
- Michael Long Learning and Leadership Centre;
- Rugby Park;
- Territory Netball Stadium (indoor and outdoor courts);
- TIO Stadium.
Last updated: 12 February 2016
Share this page:URL copied!