Officiating in sport
The Territory Sports Academy (TSA) coordinates a number of programs, and services to:
- assist Northern Territory (NT) Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB's) in the development of NT Officials
- provide advice and support to PSB's
- promote the importance and value of officiating to the greater community
- develop officiating coaches/educators/mentors
- connecting officiating stakeholders across the NT.
Officials are an integral part of sports. PSB’s need to develop their officials via education, training, coaching and mentoring. An official’s main purpose is for a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
TSA Officiating Development grant
The TSA Officiating Development grant is available to NT Peak Sporting Bodies. The Officiating Development grant is a key strategy of the Workforce Development Plan to provide ongoing support and investment in the development and retention of officials in the NT.
In the 2021-22 financial year, there are two rounds of funding. Round 1 opens on 21 October 2021 and round 2 opening on 16 March 2022.
The grant has three funding categories:
- Category 1: Development of officiating coaches/educators
- Category 2: Accreditation courses and competitions
- Category 3: Academies
Applications for Category 1 and 3: are a higher priority for funding.
2021-22 round 1 applications are now open and will close 18 November 2021.
Applications are submitted through GrantsNT.
Development grant objectives
- Strengthen the capability and capacity of sport organisations to assess, coach, mentor, and educate NT officials;
- Increase the number of Territorians officiating at the higher levels in sport; and
- Improve the knowledge, skills and experience of accredited sport officials participating in the NT.
For more information on officiating contact:
Last updated: 21 October 2021
Share this page:URL copied!