Officiating in sport
The Northern Territory Institute of Sport (NTIS) coordinates a number of programs, and services to:
- assist Northern Territory (NT) Peak Sporting Bodies (PSB's) in the development of NT Officials
- provide advice and support to PSB's
- promote the importance and value of officiating to the greater community
- develop officiating coaches/educators/mentors
- connecting officiating stakeholders across the NT.
Officials are an integral part of sports. PSB’s need to develop their officials via education, training, coaching and mentoring. An official’s main purpose is for a fair, safe and enjoyable environment for all participants.
NTIS officiating development grant
The NTIS officiating development grant is available to NT peak sporting bodies.
In the 2020-21 financial year, there are two rounds of funding. Round 1 opens on 14 September 2020 and round 2 opening on 1 February 2021.
The grant has three funding categories:
- Category 1: Development of officiating coaches/educators
- Category 2: Accreditation courses and competitions
- Category 3: Academies (for Round 2 only)
Applications for Category 1 and 3: are a higher priority for funding.
2020-21 round 2 applications will open 1 February 2021.
Applications are submitted through GrantsNT.
Development grant objectives
- Strengthen the capability and capacity of sport organisations to assess, coach, mentor, and educate other NT officials;
- Increase the number of Territorians officiating at the highest levels in sport; and
- Improve the knowledge, skills and experience of accredited sport officials participating in the NT.
For more information on officiating contact:
Last updated: 18 September 2020
Share this page:URL copied!