Ministerial Creative Industries Advisory Council
The Ministerial Creative Industries Advisory Council (CIAC) provides expert industry advice and feedback to the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage on matters related to the development and growth of the Northern Territory creative industries. The CIAC consists of seven members.
What the Council does
The Council is responsible for:
- advising the Minister on matters of interest for the development and growth of the Northern Territory (NT) creative industries
- representing the creative industries and working with industry bodies and stakeholders to develop effective networks across business, tourism and government
- advising on the delivery of the Creative Industries Strategy NT 2020-2024 priority actions and performance targets
- advising on the establishment of a new independent industry representative group
- discussing ideas for the promotion, professional and sustainable commercial development of the creative industries
The Council consists of seven members, who are practicing industry leaders including:
- music, performing, visual and literature artists
- an NT business sector representative
- two national representatives.
The Minister appoints a chairperson from the Council membership.
Members are appointed for an initial term of two years
Last updated: 22 September 2021
Share this page:URL copied!