Client relations and compliance
The department’s Client Relations unit supports operational housing service delivery across four key areas of service.
Complaints: management of antisocial behaviour and general complaints lodged via the call centre, by online submission or email.
Third Party Advocate enquiries: management of enquiries made to the department by legal advocates or other third parties on behalf of a mutual client.
First Tier Appeals: independent review of decisions made by the department relating to the delivery of public housing services.
Compliance: commences, responds to and manages actions taken by either a tenant or landlord in relation to non-compliance of public housing tenancy agreements and breaches of the Residential Tenancies Act 1999 or the Housing Act 1982.
During 2019-20, the Client Relations call centre received 8696 calls and enquiries. Of these, 6386 related to the public housing safety strategy and 2310 were general enquiries, complaints or housing advocate enquiries.
The Client Relations unit responded to:
- 3120 complaints regarding disruptive or antisocial behaviour at public housing premises
- 1133 general housing related complaints
- 710 enquiries from third party advocates
- 512 matters relating to compliance of a tenancy agreement
- 66 First Tier Appeal applications
- 61 Ombudsman’s enquiries.
Last updated: 12 November 2020
Share this page:URL copied!