Special Purpose Grants
Special Purpose Grants provide funding to complement the intent of the Municipal and Essential Services (MES) program. In 2019-20, the department funded 144 Special Purpose Grants.
Of the 144 grants funded:
- 84 were for water, waste and septics
- 45 were for power projects
- 4 were municipal
- 10 were plant and equipment
- 1 was for re-sheeting an airstrip.
The grants are used for infrastructure and plant and equipment that supports municipal services in Homelands.
Funding is prioritised for:
- primary water systems and water management systems
- primary power and sanitation systems
- waste management
- other municipal services and backup essential services systems
- infrastructure or municipal projects beyond the scope of MES.
Last updated: 12 November 2020
Share this page:URL copied!