Youth Justice Advisory Committee
The functions of the Youth Justice Advisory Committee (YJAC) are set out in section 204 of the Youth Justice Act 2005 and are a follows:
- monitors and evaluates the administration and operation of the Act
- to advise the minister on issues relevant to the administration of youth justice, including the planning, development, integration and implementation of government policies and programs concerning youth
- to collect, analyse and provide to the Minister information relating to issues and policies concerning youth justice
- any other functions imposed by the Act, and
- any other functions as directed by the minister.
Territory Families, Housing and Communities provides secretariat support to YJAC.
Last updated: 12 April 2021
Share this page: