Northern Territory Youth Strategy
The Northern Territory (NT) Government is committed to developing a NT Youth Strategy (the Strategy) and is asking Territorians what they think should be included and what the Strategy should achieve.
To develop a Strategy and Action Plan that will work in the NT, we need to understand what young Territorians need to lead enjoyable lives, achieve their full potential, stay socially connected, and positively participate in their community.
We want to hear from young people, service providers and the community about what is important for young people, what is working well and what needs to change. Your experiences, values and ideas will inform the development of the Strategy.
The strategy will
- take a whole-of-government approach
- be youth-led
- create a roadmap to engage, equip, empower and enable young Territorians
- outline NTG’s work, commitment, investment and plans to support young people
- identify opportunities and gaps, and develop actions
Let us know your thoughts, ideas and feedback by
- complete the online survey
- email or upload a submission
- submit an idea, share a story, or upload a video or picture
- attend an NT Youth Strategy consultation session
- contact the Office of Youth Affairs. Email: YouthStrategy@nt.gov.au, Tel: (08) 8999 3862.
Complete the survey for your chance to win one of the prizes below*
- Bose Bluetooth Speaker
- Fitbit Charge 5
- JBL Wireless Earbuds
- Bass in the Grass tickets
- Coles gift card
Submissions are welcomed from everyone including individuals, families, community groups and organisations. Submissions will be accepted via the Have Your Say webpage until 11:59 pm, Sunday 18 December 2022.
*Terms and conditions apply
Who will oversee the strategy’s development
The NT Youth Strategy is being developed under the guidance of the:
- Northern Territory Youth Round Table (Round Table)
The Round Table represents the voice of young people and provides advice to the Northern Territory Minister for Youth.
- Project Reference Group (PRG)
The PRG has been formed to co-design the strategy. Members include young leaders, regional youth advisory groups representatives (or equivalent), the Round Table, the NT Council of Social Services and the Northern Territory Government. Members of the PRG will work with young people they represent to inform the development of the Strategy.
You can contact members by emailing YouthStrategy@nt.gov.au to talk about the strategy, those things that are important to you and your input to the consultation .
There will be consultation sessions in December 2022.
Please visit the Have Your Say webpage for details.
Last updated: 24 November 2022
Share this page:URL copied!