Office of Youth Affairs
Consultation is now open for the draft Northern Territory Youth Strategy 2023-2033
Have your say about youth in the Northern Territory. If you are a young person or part of an organisation that is involved with youth, read the draft strategy and discussion paper then take the survey.
Applications are now open
Applications are now open for NT Youth Week 2023 Grants. For further information or to apply, visit GrantsNT.nt.gov.au
The Office of Youth Affairs is located in the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities.
The office provides a whole-of-government approach to policy priorities for young people aged 12 to 25 years and develops effective communication links between:
- young people
- the wider community.
The office supports initiatives that:
- enhance young Territorians’ personal wellbeing
- hear young Territorians' voices
- promote their positive achievements
- assist them to reach their goals.
In addition, the office supports events and activities that provide positive recreational and developmental opportunities for young Territorians.
Find out more about youth action plans.
Programs they coordinate
- Northern Territory Youth Strategy
- NT Youth Week ambassadors
- NT Youth Round Table
- NT Youth Week - 2023 applications are now open
- Youth Engagement Grants program
- Sponsorship of awards
- Regional youth services program.
- School holiday events
- Darwin Youth Hub.
Clients and stakeholders
- young Territorians
- Minister for Youth
- Northern Territory Public Sector agencies
- non-government organisations, including the youth sector
- the wider community, including the private sector and individuals that have an interest in the services they provide.
For more information
To find out more contact Office of Youth Affairs.
Last updated: 24 November 2022
Share this page:URL copied!